If April felt like it flew right by, then May seems to have lasted forever. It actually feels like it’s been the longest month ever. But it’s been a pretty awesome month, so I’m not going to complain even a little bit.
Good News First
- I ran the Bluenose 5K, and pretty much thought I was going to die. I was very convinced that the 3K mark was actually 4K, but apparently not. Running more than twice beforehand probably would have been a good idea- I’ll keep that in mind next time. But I finished in just under 34 minutes, which is a half decent time, and now I have a benchmark to work against!
- I also volunteered at the Bluenose Marathon, at the Dalhousie Alumni water station. We were at the 4K mark of the half-marathon, so were totally swarmed when they were coming through. We almost couldn’t keep up, but we did manage! It was a little cold, but a lot of fun.
- My brother and his girlfriend came to visit, so we had a major celebration dinner, celebrating both Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, as well as my birthday, my brother’s birthday, and his girlfriend’s birthday. So many presents, not enough cake. 🙂
- I said at the beginning of May that for the month, I wasn’t going to eat cookies, cake, candy, and chips. For me, this is an extremely big deal, because that’s basically everything I eat. But I was about 99% successful! (I’m pretending that birthday weekend didn’t exist, because that just doesn’t count. I HAD to eat cake that weekend. And cookies. And chips.).
- I wrote a lot. In addition to the two posts on this site, I had four published on SLCollective. Excluding my time writing for Punditry, I think that might be a record.
- Speaking of SLCollective- I handed all my duties over to two new Leadership Team members, and hung up my hat. I’m quite confident they’re going to be awesome additions to the team, and I’m excited to see where this project goes in the future!
- This month has had a lack of naps, which is abnormal. Of course, the minute I mentioned that to someone, my nap habit promptly came back, but I think I’ve learned a few avoidance tactics to take forward with me!
Bad News Second
- My #oneword is getting left out in the cold. I don’t feel like I’m living up to the theme of ACTION. Not only am I not action-ing on a regular basis, but I also constantly forget that I even have a #oneword. Anyone with solutions for this should definitely let me know, because this needs to change.
- While healthy eating was one theme for the month, and a successful one, May had a second theme- “finishing up, starting up”. I wanted to finish a few projects that still had loose ends, and make some headway on a few ideas I had. Neither half of this really happened. I even had to go back in my journal and look to see what my second theme was when writing this, because I knew there was one, but couldn’t remember what it was. Oops. I need to find a way to be able to remember these goals I’ve made!
For most of the month, I’ve felt pretty good about my life. The balance of positives vs. negatives on this list reflects that as well. Somehow, though, I still feel like I’m missing something, or missing out on something. Hopefully I’ll find it in June. It’s my birthday month, so it has to be golden, right?