February cheats by only having 28 days. You may think it’s only 2 or 3 days shorter than all the other months, but I swear, it’s more of a difference than that.
February was month two of acting on my 2014 goals. Some things worked well, some things need improvement, and some things I forgot about until right now. Let’s do this.
What I Accomplished:
- I’m… still writing. I swear, even if you can’t tell by looking at my blog productivity. I posted on this blog once this month, and have one post for the Student Leader Collective. That being said, I have a post pending for SLC, so I wrote it in February! I also have a number of half-written posts sitting on my computer. Writing is hard! My journal is still hard-core feeling the love though.
- Meagan convinced me to go on a winter run a few weeks ago. As in, run outside in the winter. We survived, and ran about 4K, and I learned that it’s actually possible to run in the cold and not freeze.
- I’ve read multiple books about marketing, PR, and social media over the course of the month, and have several more queued up on my bookshelf. I love this stuff.
- I filled out volunteer forms on the websites of Partners for Mental Health and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I had a phone conversation with someone at LLSC last week, so that ball is rolling!
- I’ve started doing some research on mental health related topics. I’ve been looking into scholarship requirement at different universities, and fall reading weeks. Blog posts on all of this will follow!
- I finally created a survey for O-Week leaders, sent it out, bugged them for a few weeks, and closed it. Over 50 people responded, some of the feedback is amazingly insightful, and responses were full of good ideas. Even better, 90% of leaders say the completed all or most of the online training. Success!
- I’ve had Skype dates with two friends, and went out for supper with two others, and went skating with yet more friends! Well, some of those were the same friends, but still.
- My room is complete! I built a bookshelf and a night table, finally hung my mirror, corkboard, and whiteboard, got rid of the plastic drawer containers and cardboard boxes, and put up some pictures! (Confession: I delayed posting this, and went and finished a few last things so I could include this bullet.)
Where I’m Lacking:
- I want to be producing more blog content then I have in the last month. Who wants to read a blog with only one post per month? I have a large list of things I intend on writing about- I just have to sit myself down and finish things!
- While I’ve been exercising more than I used to, I still want to be doing more. Too often I cave to my own laziness and skip the gym. I also still need to look into learning gym things, and upcoming races I could possibly run.
- I still need to learn to go to bed. This sometimes becomes a dilemma of priorities though. What do I do if it’s time to go to bed, but I still haven’t written anything? Which goal do I sacrifice?
- While I list a few social activities under what I accomplished, I won’t lie- I’m still a hermit.
- Was #theNew52 a thing I said I was going to do? Oh, it was? Whoops.
- I’m still not sure I’m living up to my #oneword365- action.
I was a little disappointed with February until I started this post, and realized I’ve actually accomplished quite a bit. I still feel like I waste a lot of time, and procrastinate a lot, but apparently I am finding time to do things- just not as many things as I want. We’ll see what March brings!
Have you taken the time to reflect on your 2014 goals and resolutions? What have you realized? How are you doing? Let me know in the comments!